Lesson 3. My Strategy
1. Discuss these questions with a classmate:
*Answers can be different
1. Can you name some natural events related to water? Floods, landslides, tsunamis, storms, heat waves, cold spells, hailstorm
2. How do they affect the places where they happen? Sometimes, they provoke floods
2. Read and listen to two descriptions of a natural event that took a town by surprise. What is the event described in the track?
3. Match the numbers, in Mr. Taylor’s description to a number in Jeremy’s description. There’s an example for you.
a) this kind of frozen rain: 1) hailstorm
b) this sort of light rain: 3) drizzle
c) some covers used in businesses to protect from the sun: awnings
d) a sort of a car crash: 5) pile-up
e) this kind of tool that farmers use to remove earth: 4) shovels
*Answer can be different
Answer: Jeremy probably doesn’t use the same words because since he is younger, his vocabulary is different and, at times, more limited